Any move requires good planning and preparation. It will cost you a lot of stress and money if you don’t plane your move properly. To save you some time and money we asked our partner, moving company Selitve.si, to share some useful tips with us.
First, make sure that it is possible to access the moving site by truck. If you decide to disassemble and reassemble on your own, mark the elements that belong together and store the screws and nuts in a labelled plastic bag. Boxes containing fragile goods such as glass, cups, porcelain must be clearly labelled as “fragile/glass” to ensure extra careful handling; such goods must be additionally wrapped with tissue paper or in bubble wrap.
If you decide to pack by yourself, make sure to protect fragile goods and do not stack boxes with fragile goods on top of each other. Think in advance about where your goods will be stored in the new premises (bedroom, office, attic, garage), this will eliminate needless moving of heavy objects later on.
The most common mistakes made during moves
- forgetting the keys to your new place
- failing to make sure whether you removed everything that isn’t glued down or nailed down
- forgetting about old but valuable items in the attic
- failing to cancel subscriptions to magazines and newspapers at the old address
- forgetting to unplug appliances left behind in the office / apartment / house
- failing to shut down water, gas and electricity
- forgetting to pay the bills: monthly obligations – checks coming in subsequently.
Items that cannot be moved through a moving company
- Valuable goods such as checks, money, credit cards, bank guarantees, jewellery, testaments, sports prizes, various collections
- Animals that could die during transport
- Frozen or opened food that can get spoiled during transport
You can contact company Selitve.si for any kind of moving, transport or deliveries. You can get information for all regions from 8 am to 6 pm by calling their free phone numer 080 11 13 or +386 40 564 41. You can also contact them via email email@example.com and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
For personal assistance service and some extra help with their offer you can also contact #Betterlifestyle team on firstname.lastname@example.org or on telephone number +386 30 342 866 from Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm).